Jennie Douglas Taylor was born in Charlotte, but worked throughout North Carolina in the fields of education and public health. She was a professor at Fayetteville State University in the 1930s, leaving that position to become the Public Health Educator for the state of North Carolina. In 1945, Mrs. Taylor left the state and joined the faculty at North Carolina Central University, where she organized the Public Health Education Department. She also was a professor of physical education. After retirement, she returned to Tarboro where she had taught at W.A. Patillo school. Interested in improving her community, she became co-founder of the Community Enrichment Organization with the purpose of increasing the education and training of local residents. She was active in St. Luke’s Episcopal Church and served as president of their Episcopal Church women.
Inducted into Hall of Fame 2013